General Evaluation Criteria
- The nominee will be an organisation (governmental or non-governmental), public or private entity, individual or other group based in Guyana, or working in Guyana on MDG related developmental areas
- The nominee should not be directly employed by the United Nations
- The nominee must have achieved high levels of performance in the specific category
- The nominee must have maintained highest ethical standards
- The nominee must have achieved outstanding accomplishments during both the past year and previous years, in pursuit of the achievement of the specific MDG
- The nominee must have succeeded in bringing to public notice significant issues related to the identified MDG
- In keeping with the overall thrust of the MDGs, achievements must be sustainable and serve as an inspiration to all Guyanese
- Nominations must be submitted on the Application Form which can be downloaded from this link.
The United Nations Country Team in Guyana invites nominations for the UN MDG Champions Awards.
These awards will honour and celebrate exemplary efforts by national governments and civil society stakeholders (including private corporations) in contributing towards the achievement of all eight MDGs. Additionally, two awards will be given for youth empowerment and the media.
The Awards will be presented on United Nations Day – October 24, 2014.