Job ID - 17423
Practice Area - Job Family - Management - UN COORDINATION
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA) - 25/07/2018
Duty Station - Georgetown (GUY), Guyana
Education & Work Experience - D-Some College - 6 year(s) experience
Languages Required - English
Grade - G6
Vacancy Type - FTA Local
Posting Type - External
Bureau - Latin America & the Caribbean
Contract Duration - 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative/Resident Coordinator RR/RC and the UN Coordination Specialist, the Executive Associate provides assistance to the execution of services in the UN Coordination Unit by managing data and providing full confidential support in all aspects of assignments, maintenance of protocol procedures, management information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments of UN activities implementation. The UN Coordination Associate promotes a client-oriented approach with national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agendas.
The Executive Associate to the RR/RC office works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams of the UN Agencies and UNDGO staff for resolving complex UN programme-related issues and exchange of information. The Executive Associate will collaborate closely with UNDP Operations to enable smooth administration of operational services and compliance with UNDP procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR/RC office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high level officials from government and diplomatic corps and other partners, visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures and contact lists.
- Coordination and cooperation with UNDP to enable smooth operational support and compliance with UNDP procedures.
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RR/RC missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR/RC for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR/RC office.
Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of information sharing between the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office with UN Country Team (UN agencies) and UN offices in Caribbean, HQ and beyond.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RR/RC.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
Supports preparation and implementation of the RC Work Plan focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of inputs to the RC Work Plan/reports
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payment from the Support to the Resident Coordination (SRC) fund and other funds for UNCT activities.
- Review of the RC funds expenditures and reporting to the direct supervisor. Preparation of required budget revisions drafts.
- Upon delegation of responsibility, preparation of vouchers and requisitions in Atlas, entering vendors information.
- Support to UN meetings and missions, organization of UN activities and outreach to media.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt on coordination
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Completed secondary education with specialized secretarial or administration training.
- A University diploma would be an asset.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Development knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and social media.
- Fluency in English language.
Apply for this post here - https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=17423&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2