REVISED DEADLINE: Monday, May 28th 2018
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN EMERGENCY RESPONSE.
The International Organization for Migration seeks Information Management Officer with the following profile:-
Completed advance university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in computer sciences or a related field plus two years of relevant professional experience in development using two or more of the following tools: Access, Visual Basic, Java, ASP, C#, SQL or Oracle and programming for mobile platforms (Android, Blackberry, windows etc):
- Develop and implement the proper backup/restore, data validation and security procedures to assure data integrity and availability, including mechanisms for the identification of repeated registrations from different sites or locations.
- Gather information of the migrants in the country in order to support in the final design of the questionnaire in coordination with DTM focal point of HQ.
- Identify, develop, implement, and support technology solutions for Information Technology (IT)/database related support in the country office in line with ITC policies and standards.
- Organize the DTM training courses for the enumerators to ensure the understanding of the questions and the quality of the data.
- Coordinate with DTM focal point/HQ to define the information products.
- Prepare a detailed work plan to monitor and ensure the completion of the activities within the estimated time.
- Supervise the data collection process including codification, storage and transfer of the data, as well as process and analysis of the data compiled locally.
- Verify the data collected to ensure the consistency of the questions and answers.
- Analyse the collected data with support of secondary information in the country.
- Write the reports by using the analysed data.
- Prepare the dissemination plan of the information products by ensuring the IOM policy for data protection.
- Design and implement mobile data collection applications (Blackberry platforms, android platforms, Windows platforms).
- Ensure the use of the information system including DTM portal, tools, database and the mechanism of information management .
Ungraded - 2 months
Accountability, Client Orientation, Communication, Creativity and Initiative, Leadership and Negotiation, Performance Management, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Continuous Learning, Teamwork, Technological Awareness, Resource Mobilization.
Download TOR below.