Title: Management Support Assistant (Open only to nationals of Guyana)
Job ID: 13789
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - MONITORING & EVALUATION, Management - PROGRAMME
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 11/01/2018
Duty Station: Georgetown (GUY), Guyana
Education & Work Experience: E-Technical School - 5 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages: Required/Desired: English
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the overall guidance of the Business Development and Results Management Analyst and the matrix supervision of thematic programme analysts, the Management Support Assistant provides programme management support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work as well as support on programme finance and M & E.
The incumbent works in close collaboration with the communication and knowledge management Analyst supporting outreach efforts and development of communications products. S/he liaises with programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQ as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
The incumbent will also backstop colleagues in the Programme Unit during temporary absences or according to exigencies of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to efficient functioning of the Strategic Management Unit supporting M & E areas and donor reporting
- Support to communications and administration in the SMU
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Support to Programme team
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Strategic Management Unit supporting M & E areas and donor reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues in the Strategic Development team;
- Support the extraction /compilation of ROAR data.
- Support to the preliminary work in preparing the Integrated Work Plan (IWP).
- Clerical Support in the Preparation of Donor Reports.
- Clerical support to programme and project staff when required
- Supports reporting and documentation copying on all outcome, project, and mid-term evaluations
- Maintain a consolidated database for the programme team on M & E issues.
- Distribute/and copy relevant quality assurance material as well as audit documents as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of donor reporting documents.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff wherever possible;
- Support in the reception of visitors and partners.
- Use of automated office management system.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Prepares reports on resource mobilization targets as requested.
Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the programme and strategic units focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Coordination of the information flow in the programme unit as well as the Strategic development team and programme.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings if/when required
- Maintenance of Teams’ status reports, best practices, lessons learned, publishing on section intranet and compiling of information for resource mobilization and communications officers;
- Support to organization of advocacy events with donors and other stakeholders if required.
Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects.
Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Functional Competencies:
- Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
- Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Research and analysis
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Client Orientation
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate UN values and principles and application of UNDP corporate procedures
- Application of UNDP Corporate procedures while ensuring timely results for clients and projects
- Ability to communicate in the team, including the ability to receive feedback and self-reflect for self-improvement
- Initiative-taking and proactive research and outreach
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisors, colleagues and external partners in fostering cooperation and synergy, resolving problems, and preventing and managing conflict
- Ability to work in situations of complexity, uncertainty and adversity
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Attention to detail in reviewing and producing accurate and quality data and information
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Five (5) years of relevant administrative or programme experience supporting quality assurance and M & E processes is required at the national or international level.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience will suffice if in possession of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web based management systems.
To apply, please visit here.