The four thematic areas of the UNDAF are:
- Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Inclusive Growth
- Inclusive Governance
- Human and Social Development
THEMATIC AREAS OF UNDAF AND THEIR OUTPUTS
1. Environmental and Sustainable Development: under this thematic area, the outputs are:
- Strengthened national capacities to plan and implement policies and strategies for Disaster Risk Management and impact from climate change;
- Strategies developed to manage natural resources, incorporating sustainability objectives as measured by global and national indices;
- Increased access to energy services, electricity or alternative energy in the unserved areas;
- Strengthened capacity of natural resources agencies, and of indigenous and other communities, to address adaptation and effective responses to climate change; and
- Capacity built among communities to develop effective responses to climate change.
2. Inclusive Growth: under this thematic area, the outputs are:
- Strengthened regulatory capacity of government, and improved institutional capacity of government and CSOs to enable access by vulnerable groups to financial and business development services;
- Enhanced capacities of key policy and service delivery institutions to provide business development, employment, and credit services to vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
- Access to protocols, institutional guidelines systems; and training programmes provided to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs); and
- MDG reports prepared and strengthened aid coordination capacity.
3. Inclusive Governance: under this thematic area, the outputs are:
- Strengthened institutional capacity of Rights Commissions;
- Strengthened participatory parliamentary approaches and functioning, including greater use of innovative ICT strategies and new age technology;
- Scaled-up initiatives addressing social cohesion, public trust, human rights, peace building and conflict resolution; and
- GECOM's capacity strengthened to develop and implement strategies to improve voter confidence and reduce opportunities for dissatisfaction.
4. Human and Social Development: under this thematic area, the outputs are:
- Strengthened national capacity to generate, and publish, MDG-related data disaggregated by region, sex, age;
- Strengthened national capacity to analyze and use data for the formulation of evidence-informed, participatory national and/or regional development policies, plans, programmes and legislation;
- Strengthened national capacity for implementation of intersectoral policies, plans, programmes, and legislation ; and
- Enhanced national capacity to monitor, evaluate, and report on national plans, policies, programmes, and legislation that chart progress toward the MDGs.