Ms. Christine Norton has extensive international experience with a broad history in areas which include planning, policy, management and advocacy that advanced the rights of women and children and other groups in need. She has an M Sc in Law and Science from the University of London (UK) and a B.A. in Psychology and Geography from Mc Master University (Canada).
Ms. Norton has held the following positions:
- Senior Advisor – Program Division (UNICEF), New York
- UNICEF Representative to Belize
- UNICEF Senior Advisor for Adolescent Development and Gender Equality, UNICEF Regional Office (Panama)
- Senior Advisor for Adolescent Development and Participation (UNICEF), UNODC, (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Consultant with UNAIDS/Caricom Community Secretariat
- Technical Officer in Resource Mobilization, Programme Planning, Research and Transfer of Technology with WHO Global Programme on AIDS (Geneva, Switzerland)